Tuesday 12 April 2011

So now let's rewind 2 years

I'd come back from a business trip to Scotland.

Home early and disinclined to start supper I was trading messages on a gay chatline. For once there was a guy who sounded utterly normal midst a crowd of desperate sounding married  men home alone and boys fantasising about dressing in ladies knickers.

We exchanged voice messages and agreed to chat. He was reserved and cautious but with a modest charm that I thought was lovely. We continued to text after we spoke that night, presenting silly caricatures of each other in a half-hearted attempt to put the other off. The next morning I texted as I walked to work "beautiful sunny morning warming my face" - his response "simple pleasures" struck a chord. We agreed to meet for a beer.

Two days later there he was outside Sainsburys.  We sat in the sun outside a local pub a drank pint.  God knows what we talked about but this felt like a big deal for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment