Tuesday 28 February 2012

Throuple

A horrible, horrible portmanteau word. A word like “bromance” or worst of all for me, “Movember”.
After several drinks my enthusiasm for doing things and getting other people to enjoy them (stop it) tends to over-ride all sense. Suddenly I’m suggesting sponsored cycle trips to Paris, the three peak challenge or ski weekends with all sorts of random acquaintances.
On this occasion we were at drinks with tall Thomas from up the road (who we've played with on several occasions) and I suggested he join us for a ridiculous personal shopping experience at Top Man. “Ooh we’re such a throuple” said Tom with delight. It was like a cold shower. I realised we risked crossing a blurred line from couple hanging out with single friend to dangerous territory. Here be dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment